Welcome to the Curriculum and Instruction web page. This page has been developed to help you learn about the district's programs and curriculum.
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" (Alvin Toffler, 1970)
Engage NY is an excellent resource provided by the New York State Education Department that will help all of us, parents, teachers, and administrators to understand the changes that are currently happening in education. Use this resource to stay up to date on the changes our Department of Education are making.
High standards and academic excellence are not new to Spackenkill. Recognized for educational excellence, Spackenkill provides a comprehensive learning experience designed to meet the needs of our student population.
Our district staff is dedicated to creating a learning environment in which knowledge, critical thinking, and problem solving flourish. As members of a learning community, students, administrators, and support staff strive to do their best to continue Spackenkill's educational tradition.
We are, and have always have been, focused on graduating literate young men and women.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments about our programs. We are here to help you in any way we can.
Jill Berkowicz, Ed.D.
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
For More Information:
- NY State Common Core Standards Summary
- FairTest from 11/28/12 Meeting
- Federal Mandates on Local Education (CREEO) from 11/28/12 Meeting
- Information for parents on the Common Core Standards
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) Testing Information
- Testing Q & A from 11/28/12 Meeting
- Programs offered through the Curriculum & Instruction Office
- NYS Grades 3 - 8 Testing Program
- New York State School Report Card