Summer Reading Programs
Suggested Summer Reading Lists
Additional Reading Recommendations
Adobe Reader is required to view the book lists below.
- Newbery Winners
- Adventure [3 - 5]
- Folktales Around the World
- Graphic Novels
- Like Harry Potter? You Might Like...
- Historical Fiction: Revolutionary War
- Historical Fiction: Civil War
- National Education Association Top 100 Books
- National Education Association Teacher's Top 100 Books
- Native American Booklist
- New York Public Library: Best Books for Children
- RIF Book Zone
- Books for Boys
- Guys Read
- African American Booklist
- Fairy Tales
- Caldecott Winners
- Adventure [K - 2]
Help Me Find a Book...
Websites for Series and Sequels
- Kids Read Series Book Lists
- Mid Continent Public Library http://www.mymcpl.org/books-movies-music/juvenile-series
- Childrens Book Sequels
Read Around the USA"Read Around the USA" is an independent reading program for grade 5. Students are challenged to read 50 books during the school year. Each student has a "Read Around the USA" map in the Hagan Library to record their books. Students that have read 50 books will be rewarded with a large flag and certificate in June. Smaller flags and certificates will be given out to students who have read 20 - 49 books.