Check here regularly for updates on Grade Level Schools.
November 5, 2012
Read a report presented at the Nov. 5th, Board of Education meeting.
August 27, 2012
July 12, 2012
The principals and the main offices have been moved and are both up and running.
- We have begun moving classroom furniture between Hagan and Nassau. We completed the kindergarten wing, which is being used this week for orientation.
- Individual classroom floors at both schools are being prepared for the opening of school.
- The gyms and cafeterias are being used as a staging area to store furniture until the classrooms are ready.
- As promised, teachers will be able to begin room set-up on August 1st.
- Bathroom partition work will commence in August.
- Transportation routes are being finalized. Letters with specific bus stop details will be sent home in mid-August. Bus labels for all K-5 students have been ordered.
May 2, 2012
Updated May 21: Read about Spring Transition Activities at Hagan and Nassau Schools.
April 9, 2012
Read about Teaching Assignments for Grade Level Schools.
March 28, 2012
On March 27, the Board of Education voted that it is keeping the phase-in of Grade Level Schools as originally planned for the 2012-13 school year: Grades 3-5 will be at Hagan and Grades K-2 will be at Nassau.
February 23, 2012
For those of you who are following the appeal to the Commissioner regarding grade level schools, we learned yesterday afternoon that the Commissioner denied the petitioners’ request for a stay. What this means is that, although the case itself is not decided, we may continue to make plans and move forward with the implementation of grade level schools.
January 20, 2012
The Hagan and Nassau PTAs, along with Dr. Sicina and Mr. Farrell, our elementary principals, will be holding a joint meeting of parents on Monday, January 30th, at 7:00 pm in the Todd Middle School cafeteria. The purpose of this meeting is for parents to share their thoughts about the kinds of transitional activities they would like the schools to organize for this spring.
Also, Ms. Moloney, our Business Manager, is requesting parent volunteers meet with her to provide clarification of the transportation system for next year. This information will be included in the plan that will be presented to the board next month. Please contact her secretary, Mrs. Vicki Simon, if you are interested in attending. She can be reached at 463-7800.
January 11, 2012
January 10, 2012
At the January 9th Board of Education meeting, the Board voted to have five sections of grades k-4 and 4 sections of grade 5. They also voted to allow the current 1st graders to remain at Hagan for 2nd grade and for the current 4th graders to remain at Nassau for 5th grade if a majority of the parents prefer that. We will look into the possibility of doing something to help Hagan kindergarten students who would also have several transitions to make.
December 22, 2011
Dr. Eileen Sicina will be the principal of the K-2 school and John Farrell will be the principal of the 3-5 school.
December 1, 2011
At a District Leadership Team Meeting, the following information was presented: Grade Level Schools Class Size Projections