photo by tncountryfan
The following Elementary Arrival and Dismissal Procedures will be in effect when school opens on September 5th.
Elementary Arrival Procedures
- Buses will begin picking students up at 8:00 am (see bus routes for more detailed information).
- Buses will begin arriving at the first school at 8:20 am, and students will be let off the buses as soon as they arrive. Walkers may begin to be dropped off at 8:20 as well. At Nassau, students who walk to school should be brought directly to the main entrance, while students who are driven to school should be dropped off in the fenced in parking area. At Hagan, all walkers should be brought to the fenced in parking area. (We strongly suggest that K-‐2 students who walk to school be escorted by an adult.)
- Before buses depart for the second elementary school, an adult will board each bus to make sure that all students for the first school are off the bus.
- Upon arrival from 8:20 - 8:45, students will be sent directly to their classrooms. Staff will be in the lobby to assist students in finding their rooms. Kindergarten teachers (including Mrs. Davis) will greet the 1st graders in the lobby on the first day of school.
- Instruction begins at 8:45 am.
Elementary Dismissal Procedures
- Walkers will be dismissed at 2:45 pm. At Nassau, students who are walking home will meet their parents by the bike rack, while students who are being picked up and driven home will meet their parents in the fenced in parking area. At Hagan, all walkers will meet their parents in the fenced in parking area. (We strongly suggest that K-‐2 students who walk from school be escorted by an adult.)
- Students will begin boarding the buses at 3:00 pm and will be taken directly home.
- Additional arrival and dismissal procedures are available in the student handbooks, which are on each building website.
- For Kindergarten students only: Please refer to the letter from Dr. Sicina regarding the schedule for the first three days of school. If you have any questions, please contact your building principal.