Physical Education and Activity
- Students shall be supported in setting and meeting personal fitness goals that result in achievement and maintenance of a health enhancing level of physical fitness.
- The goal for Physical Education classes will be for each student to be active over 75% of the period.
- The district/school will share information about physical activity and physical education.
- Schools will encourage fundraising activities that promote physical activity.
- Extended periods (more than one hour) of physical inactivity should be discouraged. Elementary classroom teachers will be encouraged to provide short physical activity breaks between lessons or classes as appropriate.
- The District will encourage employees to be physically active by conducting workshops and, when appropriate, classes based on interest level.
- Students should be given opportunities for physical activity through a range of before and after school programs including, but not limited to, intramurals, interscholastic athletics, activity clubs and community-based activities.
- Withholding recess as a form of punishment is discouraged.
|PHYSICAL EDUCATION & ACTIVITY LINKS |