Date- September 22, 2011
- The Todd Welcome Back Social will be held tomorrow, September 23rd from 2:30-5:00. Tickets are now on sale during lunch for $2.00. 6th grade students that handed in forms for the Hunger Games will receive free admission at the door. Tickets at the door are $4.00.
- Order forms and money will be due for the Spackenkill PTA fundraiser on Monday, October 3rd.
- School pictures will be taken on Monday, September 26th during your English classes. Picture forms were put in Homeroom teacher mailboxes this morning.
- Peer Mediation Applications are available in the guidance office for any student interested in applying. Applications are due back by 8am on Monday, October 3rd. If you have any questions please see either Mrs. Camburn or Mrs. Casucci.
- Attention all animal lovers! The Todd Middle School student government is sponsoring “Costumes for a Cause” fundraiser to raise money for the charity Canine Health Events on October 29th from 10am to 2pm at Todd Middle School. Spackenkill students will have the chance to enter their dog and themselves into a costume contest for prizes ranging from $25 gift certificates to a $100 gift certificate to the Poughkeepsie Galleria. Other activities with your dog are also planned for that day. The deadline to register is October 14th. SO write it on your calendars and please come out and support your family, friends and this cause. Look for posters and entry forms posted in your building or see a building representative for more information. Your building representatives are Mrs. Espinoza, Mrs. McGuire and Mrs. Coppola. Volunteers to help for that day are needed. 7th graders, get a head start on your community service project. See Mrs. McGuire for more details.
- Odyssey of the Mind Problem information is now posted outside the Dining Hall. The deadline for sign-ups is on Monday, Sept. 26th.
- There will be an informational meeting today, September 21st after school for any 8th Graders interested in participating in the 36th annual CROP Walk to fight hunger on Sunday, Oct. 16th. This walk would be a great opportunity for you to join in a valuable community service event raising money to fight hunger and walk on a Sunday afternoon with your Todd 8th grade friends at the same time. The CROP walk informational meeting will be held in room 13 today at 2:30. If you cannot make the meeting, but would like to participate, please see Mrs. Nguyen any day during 5th period for the information.
- Mr. Aagaard’s 8th period Todd Time will be meeting in the Dining Hall from now on.
Golf News: At the Red Hook Country Club on Wednesday (9/21) the Spackenkill Golf Team came away with a close 172-177 win over Rhinebeck. Their record is now 7-0. Medalists for the round Captain Ian Wilson who had 1 birdie and 4 pars with a score of 40. Captain Kyle Martin had his 3rd consecutive round of 42. Other scores for the team were Marc Horvath-44, Stanley Garrant-46, Jeff Bell-47 and Greg Allen–48. The golf team is home at McCann on Thursday (9/22) to compete against division rival Ellenville. Keep up the good work.
Modified cheerleading practice will be held in the High School gym from 3:30pm – 5:30pm today.
Today’s Lunch-Twin Taco, lettuce, tomato, vegetable and fruit